Shops open again, e-bike deliveries restart
Our shops opened their doors again. And so our e-bikes are back on the road. Together with L'Oréal, we have been supplying our shops in Brussels with Cargo Velo since October, by e-bike. We already made green deliveries in Antwerp and Ghent. By working with a major retailer like L'Oréal, we make some 15,000 shipments a year sustainable. Deliveries in Brussels are made in 7 Proximus shops and 130 L'Oréal hairdressers.
The initiative was analyzed by MOBI, the research center of the VUB. The result?
The positive effect on our ecological footprint is increasing sharply.
- In a period of 5 months, our carrier Cargo Velo covered 3812 kilometers by bicycle.
- Almost half of all our deliveries in Brussels are now made by bicycle.
- Due to the shorter order rounds, we respond more quickly to the needs of our shops and hairdressers.
- By using bicycles instead of vans, we are seeing a very large impact on traffic congestion (- 95%). On the one hand we help to relieve traffic, on the other hand we don't get stuck in traffic, we don't have to make detours, and we don't have to spend time looking for a parking space.
- And obviously, our negative impact on air quality has been reduced to zero.
New partners, new cities
Deliveries to our Proximus shops have restarted this week. L'Oréal will follow as soon as the hairdressers reopen. As a result of the positive results, we are now exploring all possibilities for greener deliveries in other major cities.
And we're looking for partnerships with other partners who are also interested in this green way of provisioning.
Delivering by e-bike offers a lot of advantages:
- less CO2 emissions
- less traffic congestion
- quick deliveries in the city
- greener cities
- a firm reduction of our ecological footprint
Watch the video and you'll be completely up to speed.