Proximus is adapting its international rates and will soon launch a new offer for the self-employed and small enterprises
On Wednesday 15 May, Proximus will change a number of residential rate plans for landline and mobile telephony. With these changes it is implementing the amended European regulation on international rates. Business customers will also be able to enjoy the lowered rates thanks to the Bizz International option. For them there is even more good news, with the revamped Bizz Mobile portfolio that will become available on 3 June. And with summer on the horizon, holidaymakers and business travelers will be able to enjoy the new roaming options.
New regulation as of Wednesday 15 May: Proximus is adapting its residential rate plans.
Good news for Proximus customers with a residential rate plan who, occasionally or regularly, make international calls or send international texts. On Wednesday 15 May, Proximus is implementing the new European regulation on international rates and will change the rates in its residential plans for calls and text messages from Belgium to numbers from other European Union countries, Iceland, Norway and Liechtenstein.
More specifically, the rates will be adapted as follows*:
- From 15 May, the standard rate for calls from a landline or mobile number to a number from another EU country, Iceland, Norway or Liechtenstein will amount to €0.2299 per minute, incl. VAT. The rate structure will also be harmonized: from then on, the first minute of both landline and mobile calls will be charged in full, after which the rate will be applied per second. This means that the connection charge for landline calls will disappear.
- The standard rate for text messages to a number from another EU country, Iceland, Norway or Liechtenstein will now amount to €0.0726 per text, incl. VAT.
The existing bundles for low-cost international calling and texting will remain unchanged. This means Tuttimus and Familus customers with a landline can continue to enjoy the Free Calls International option, which allows them to make calls at no extra charge during off-peak hours to landline and mobile numbers in most European countries, the United States and Canada and to landlines in Morocco and Turkey. The options Unlimited Calls National/International, Calls & SMS and Calls & SMS+ will also continue to exist. If the bundle is used up, the above-mentioned rates will apply for calls and texts to the EU, Iceland, Norway and Liechtenstein.
More information about the new international rates is available on www.proximus.be/rates and, from 15 May, on the different product pages.
Revamped Bizz Mobile range as of Monday 3 June: even better tailored to the needs of business customers
The amended regulation on international rates relates to residential rate plans and does not apply to the self-employed and small enterprises. Nevertheless, they too will be able to enjoy the lowered rates from Belgium to the EU, Iceland, Norway and Liechtenstein thanks to the Bizz International option. Moreover, this option offers them attractive rates for calls and texts to countries outside the European Union as well. Bizz International is included in various rate plans in the higher market segment, which together cover the vast majority of all self-employed workers and small businesses among Proximus customers. For Bizz Mobile S and Bizz Mobile M customers, Bizz International is available for 5 euro per month.
But there is even more good news for the self-employed and small enterprises. As of Monday 3 June, Proximus will adapt its Bizz Mobile portfolio to respond even better to the needs and expectations of business customers in terms of telephony and data usage, both nationally and internationally. Two new rate plans will be launched:
- Bizz Mobile Unlimited offers unlimited data**, call minutes and texts inside Belgium or while traveling within the EU for 40 euro per month (37 euro in a pack or as from 2 SIM cards, excl. VAT). In addition, users can make low-cost international calls outside the EU thanks to the included Bizz International option. New customers who opt for Bizz Mobile Unlimited will receive a temporary discount of 5 euro per month for six months.
- On top of all that, Bizz Mobile International (55 euro per month, 52 euro in a pack or as from 2 SIM cards, excl. VAT) includes a further 1 GB of mobile data for use in the United States, Canada and Switzerland, along with 600 call minutes and 600 texts for use between said three countries or from the EU to those countries and vice versa. The bundle is also valid for calls and text messages from Belgium to other EU countries.
The available volume of data within the EU in Bizz Mobile L will be increased from 7 GB to 10 GB, in addition to the unlimited call minutes and texts inside Belgium or while traveling within the EU. For these customers, too, the Bizz International option is included in their monthly subscription. The price remains unchanged.
Bizz Mobile S (1.5 GB + 100 call minutes + unlimited texts inside Belgium or while traveling within the EU) and Bizz Mobile M (5 GB + unlimited calls and texts inside Belgium or while traveling within the EU) will not change either.
The current Bizz Mobile XL Unlimited rate plan will no longer be commercialized. Existing customers with Bizz Mobile XL Unlimited can choose whether to keep their rate plan or switch to another offer.
More details about the revamped Bizz Mobile portfolio are set out in the overview below, and, as from 3 June, on www.proximus.be/bizzmobile.
Also new this summer: the one-time "1-Month Travel Passport" roaming options
Finally, with the summer months approaching, Proximus is launching the "1-Month Travel Passports", also on 3 June. These one-time roaming options are valid for 31 days from the moment they are activated and are aimed at holidaymakers and business travelers who spend time outside the EU sporadically or at irregular intervals.
The "1-Month Travel Passport" is available for residential and business customers, in two separate formulas:
- 1-Month Travel Passport Top 3 (15 euro, incl. VAT) offers 1 GB of mobile data, 100 call minutes and 100 texts in three popular destinations outside the EU: Canada, the United States and Switzerland.
- 1-Month Travel Passport Top 35 (25 euro, incl. VAT) includes 1 GB of mobile data, 100 call minutes and 100 texts in 35 popular destinations outside the EU.
The existing Daily Travel Passport formula will continue to exist, as will the alternatives for travelers who make regular or intensive use of roaming services outside the EU.
More information about the new roaming options outside the EU will be available on www.proximus.be as of 3 June.
* These rates do not apply to international calls to premium-rate numbers and special numbers, in particular numbers for non-interpersonal communication such as games, chat lines and information services.
** Bizz Mobile Unlimited and Bizz Mobile International customers have two separate mobile data bundles: 25 GB in Belgium and 25 GB while traveling in the EU. Once the bundle of 25 GB (in 3G/4G) in Belgium is used up, customers have unlimited data to keep surfing at reduced speed (512 Kbps) in Belgium. Once the bundle of 25 GB while traveling in the EU is used up, customers can continue to surf at maximum speed at the price of € 0,0045/MB excl. VAT.