We are demonstrating our solidarity in 4 domains
The health and safety of our employees remain our number 1 priority. We have been taking all necessary measures to safeguard them during the Covid-19 pandemic, including additional initiatives for their well-being.
Health & safety measures
- 85% employees homeworking
- Shops closing before government obligation
- New procedures and working conditions made clearer and safer to protect field employees
- Safe & phased return to working at the office
Consistent & frequent communication to inform, reassure and motivate our employees with Covid-19 platform on intranet supported by:
- weekly CEO messages
- tips to improve resilience and employee stories
- hotline for employees
No net salary impact in case of technical unemployment
Proximus plays a vital role to keep everyone connected. At the home front, we ensure that families and friends are able to interact and that people can telework and entertain themselves. Companies count on us to maximize their business continuity.
Guaranteeing network stability & extra capacity to support increased traffic
- Fixed voice: +50%
- Mobile voice: +60%
- Fixed Internet: +50%
Continuing to offer the best possible customer service
- Fully operational contact centers
- A variety of contact channels: chat, video chat, phone & online shop
- Urgent repair interventions and connections
- Video chat for remote technical support
Ensure business continuity for companies
- Billing flexibility for the self-employed & small businesses in the horeca sector
- Support with homeworking & security solutions
- Solutions to make the workplace safer:
- Entrance monitoring
- Floor occupancy monitoring
- Chatbot on Covid-19 questions for employees and/or customers
Proximus is committed to contributing to society in these unprecedented circumstances. First of all, we focus our attention on supporting the increased connectivity need in the healthcare sector. Secondly, we pursue our ambition to provide access to the digital world for all Belgian citizens so they can stay connected
Ensure connectivity for actors in the healthcare sector
- Free Wi-Fi for hospitals & triage centres
- Digital platform with Doctena for video consultations
- >1,200 tablets, smartphones & other hardware to >20 retirement homes and hospitals
- Priority interventions for medical professionals
Exceptional benefits for voice, data & content
- 700 laptops for Digital for Youth.be
- Facilitating online-teaching for schools
- > 15,000 students & pupils with free access to Proximus Public Wi-Fi
- Wi-Fi access points in Fedasil reception centres
- 100 power banks to the city of Liège for homeless people
- 10 GB of data added for all customers who work in the health sector: hospital staff, home health care, nursing home employees, ambulance drivers, ...
Drop charges for fundraising campaigns via SMS
Public authorities, both national and regional, rely on Proximus to provide them with in-depth expertise, top-notch technology and innovative solutions, so they can adequately guide Belgium through the crisis and the period to come.
Participation in the taskforce ‘Data & Technology against Corona’by providing anonymised & aggregated telecom data to help track people’s movements and the spread of COVID-19.
Technical & financial contribution to support the Covid-19 Track & Trace call center
Our affiliates are also committed to supporting their employees and customers to face the Covid-19 crisis. Our joined efforts demonstrate the strength and the potential of the Proximus Group to create a positive impact on society.
As a telecom operator we play a vital, pivotal role in society
Download the Covid-19 document (.pdf)